Struggling with debts?

Most of us experience difficulties with our finances at times. When things don’t go to plan it can be difficult to cope with things on our own. Citizens Advice Bureau West Lothian’s Money Advisers can help individuals, couples or families who are struggling with or worried about their debts. We can help you decide the best course of action based on your own personal circumstances.

When you have debt problems always remember that it will not go away. It is best to take early action to try to resolve these issues.

Debt Advice you can trust

Citizens Advice Bureau West Lothian provide free debt advice and support for people with money worries and debt problems in West Lothian.

The bureau is accredited by the Scottish National Standards for Information and Advice Providers, so you can be secure in the knowledge that our advice services have been audited to the highest standards.

We can provide you with a free and impartial service that is focused on helping you out of debt. By talking to our Money Advisers, you will have access to the expertise of our experienced advisers and we will help to find the right solution for you.

Debt Options

There are many different options for dealing with debt problems. Citizens Advice Bureau West Lothian provide personalised debt advice which enables us to assess your individual circumstances and provide you with the most suitable debt relief options available to you.

How we can help with your debts

Our specially trained Money Advisers offer friendly, expert advice on managing debt.

We can:

  • Handle negotiations with all your creditors.
  • Negotiate reduced payments.
  • Freeze the interest you pay.
  • Stop creditor action against you.
  • LILA applications.
  • Bankruptcy help.
  • The Debt Arrangement Scheme

Get help with your debts

If you need help with your debt problems, you can contact  Citizens Advice Bureau West Lothian using one of the contact methods listed in our getting advice page.  Details of our opening hours can be found on this page.

Further help can also be found on the Adviceguide (Scotland) website.