Welcome to West Lothian Citizens Advice Bureau. We are here to help you.
At CAB West Lothian we provide free, confidential, impartial and independent advice to anyone who needs it.
As a member of the Scottish Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux, we have two aims:
- to help people understand their rights and responsibilities and to help them take action to solve their problems
- to work locally and nationally to change policies and practices that are the root cause of problems, preventing issues arising at source.
Citizens Advice Bureau West Lothian provides advice on a wide range of subjects, including:
- Benefits – questions about entitlement, benefit checks, help with completing application forms and advice on how to challenge unfair decisions
- Debt – how to manage your debts, improve your financial situation and maximize your income
- Employment – questions about terms & conditions, dismissal, wages owed, redundancy & discrimination
- Consumer – everything from broken televisions to difficulties with gas & electricity suppliers
- Relationships – issues such as separation, children & bereavement
- Housing – questions about homelessness, housing allocation, repairs & deposits
The “getting advice” page tells you how to contact the Bureau and also links to the online advice guide service provided by Citizens Advice Scotland. There are also specialist pages on key topics which you can find in the “help with…” section – or link to them from the list above.
On those occasions where we cannot offer the help you need we aim, wherever possible, to direct you to someone who can.
Please browse through the site to find out more about the bureau and how we can help you.
CAB West Lothian would like to thank our key sponsors, especially West Lothian Council, NHS Lothian, Scottish Legal Aid Board, Poppy Scotland, the Money Advice Service and our project partners for their ongoing support. The support the bureau provides to the citizens of West Lothian wouldn’t be possible without their ongoing commitment.